Basic Course 3D printing
During a basic course 3D printing the foundation is laid to start 3D printing at a professional level. During the basic course the different steps of 3D printing are discussed and we explain to you what the possibilities are with each step and how to choose between them. Of course there is also room to see the 3D printers work. The emphasis of this basic course is on learning the methods that lead to a professional print result.
The following topics are covered during the basic course:
- What 3D printing techniques are there?
- In which situation do you choose which technology?
- With which materials can you make 3D prints?
- How do you choose the right material?
- How do you obtain good 3D models?
- What criteria does a 3D model have to meet to be 3D printed?
- How do you prepare a model for printing?
- What are the most common problems with 3D printing and how do you solve these problems?
- What are the post-processing options and when do you choose which?
After this basis course:
- You are able to make more complex 3D prints on, among other things, an FDM printer and an SLA printer;
- You can tell from a 3D printed part on what kind of machine it was printed;
- You know how to choose the right printing technique and material for your print;
- You know the possibilities and limitations of 3D printing techniques and you know what steps you can take to improve the quality of your print;
- You know how to order high-quality prints from external parties.
This course is also suitable for people without experience in the field of 3D printing, but some technical insight is desirable. The course lasts approximately 2 days. You will receive a certificate at the end of this course.
This course is currently only being given in-company. We adapt the contents of the course to every specific situation. For more information and to discuss the options, please contact us.