The advanced course 3D printing continues where the basic course 3D printing stops. This course can only be followed by people who have already taken the basic 3D printing course or who already have a lot of experience with 3D printing. The aim of this course is to raise the 3D printing skills to an advanced level.
During the advanced course the following topics are covered:
- Measuring and improving the dimensional integrity of 3D printed parts
- Improving mechanical properties through print settings
- Performing stress tests and assessing the quality of the printer
- Use of advanced materials including nylon, composite materials and peek
- The design and printing of molds
- Supports and support materials
We will also look at various failed prints from both FDM, SLS and SLA printers. By looking at these failed prints you learn what can go wrong, how to recognize these errors and what you can do to resolve them.
After this course:
- You are able to print functional parts or have them printed;
- You can make informed choices for improving the mechanical and dimensional properties;
- You know to what criteria molds must meet and you know what role 3D printing can play regarding the creation and use of molds;
- You are able to decide between different support techniques
Technical insight and/or experience with 3D printing are required for this course. The advanced course lasts approximately two days. After following this course you will receive a certificate.
This course is currently only being given in-company. We adapt the contents of the course to every specific situation. For more information and to discuss the options, please contact us.