Workshop 3D printing
During the 3D printing workshop you will receive a practical introduction to 3D printing. During this workshop you will learn, among other things, what kind of 3D printers there are and in which situation you choose which printer. Of course we will also make a print. We work in small groups to ensure that everyone gets the opportunity to properly view and discover the printers. We also make sure that there are always enough printers present.
The following topics will be discussed during this workshop:
- What types of 3D printers are there?
- How do I choose the right 3D printer for my situation?
- How do I obtain printable models?
- How do I prepare a print?
- What should I pay attention to when printing?
- Does a 3D-printed part need post-processing and how do I do that?
- Can I order 3D-printed parts so that I don't have to purchase a 3D printer myself?
After this extensive workshop:
- You are able to make a simple 3D print with an FDM printer;
- You can tell from a 3D printed part on what kind of 3D printer it was printed;
- You know how to choose the right 3D printer for your situation;
- You know how to order 3D prints when you do not have a 3D printer yourself.
This workshop is suitable for anyone who is interested in 3D printing but is not yet able to make a print independently. Even if you already have a 3D printer, or are considering to purchase one, this workshop is a good way to get started. This workshop is also a good way for employees to learn the basics of 3D printing. When this workshop is given in-company the contents are adapted to the specific situation of that organisation.
The topics mentioned above will be discussed at introduction level. Do you want to start 3D printing at an advanced level? Then have a look at the basic course.
The Workshop 3D printing takes approximately three and a half hours and can also be held in the evening. For now it is only possible to give this course on request. For this, please contact us so we can look at the possibilities.